from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The property of being short, of being small of stature or brief.
- n. The result or product of being short.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being short; want of reach or extension; brevity; deficiency.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The quality or state of being short.
- n. Fewness of words; brevity; conciseness.
- n. Want of reach, or of the power of retention: as, the shortness of the memory.
- n. Deficiency; imperfection; limited extent; poverty: as, the shortness of our reason; shortness of provisious.
- n. Curtness; sharpness: as, her temper was evident from the shortness of her answers.
- n. Brittleness; friability; crispness.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the property of being of short temporal extent
- n. the condition of being short of something
- n. the property of being truncated or short
- n. the property of being of short spatial extent
- n. the property of being shorter than average stature
- n. an abrupt discourteous manner
From short + -ness (Wiktionary)