from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state of being thin.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being thin (in any of the senses of the word).
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or property of being thin.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. relatively small dimension through an object as opposed to its length or width
- n. a consistency of low viscosity
- n. the property of being very narrow or thin
- n. the property of being scanty or scattered; lacking denseness
- n. the property of having little body fat
From Middle English thynnesse, from Old English þynnes ("thinness, slightness of density, lack of density, tenuity, fluidity, poverty, feebleness of sight, weakness"), equivalent to thin + -ness. (Wiktionary)