from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The quality of being round.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being round in shape
- n. Fullness; smoothness of flow.
- n. Openess; plainess; boldness; positiveness.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state of being round, or circular, spherical, globular, cylindrical, curved, or convex; circularity; sphericity; cylindrical form; rotundity; convexity: as, the roundness of the globe, of the orb of the sun, of a ball, of a bowl, of a hill, etc.
- n. The quality of being well filled or rounded out metaphorically; fullness, completeness, openness, positiveness, boldness, or the like.
- n. Synonyms Roundness, Rotundity, plumpness, globularity. Roundness applies with equal freedom to a circle, a sphere, a cylinder, or a cone, and, by extension, to forms that by approach suggest any one of these: as, roundness of limb or cheek. Rotundity now applies usually to spheres and to forms suggesting a sphere or a hemisphere: as, the rotundity of the earth or of a barrel; rotundity of abdomen.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the fullness of a tone of voice
- n. the quality of being round numbers
- n. the bodily property of being well rounded
- n. the property possessed by a line or surface that is curved and not angular
round + -ness (Wiktionary)