Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The quality of being green in color; verdantness; also, verdure.
- n. The state of being green, in any of the derived senses.
- n. The state or quality of being green.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The quality of being green; viridity; verdancy.
- n. Freshness; vigor; newness.
- n. Immaturity; unripeness; ; inexperience.
- n. the state of not being ripe
- n. the lush appearance of flourishing vegetation
- n. green color or pigment; resembling the color of growing grass
- From green + -ness (Wiktionary)
“Obama's "greenness," is for the environment, it's about his inexperience and incompetence.”
“So that's it for now - here's to the life-giving rain & the scent of wet earth & the way that the greenness is intensified by the rain until it nearly glows ...”
“The village and its fields were enclosed by barbed wire which separated their greenness from the bleakness of the enmity all around.”
“If an army encamp upon green fields, their greenness is soon gone.”
“The drive was long and hot, but beautiful with all the greenness from the rain we’ve had.”
“It's an erosion of the very concept of greenness, which is coming to be defined in a way that rewards activism at best, and consumerism at worst.”
“Not a hint of greenness, which is just what I want from my fig scent...”
“The functionalism accounts for the visualness and perhaps other broadly-speaking-phenomenal properties of the experience, which is important, but locating the greenness was the crucial work.”
“Their bloom; calling the greenness of the trees and the blossoming of the fruit by the name of [Greek omitted].”
“The greenness was a face, and the face was abnormal.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘greenness’.
A lits of greens: cooked leafy vegetables; pigments, paint names, compound words, etc; words and phrases that pertain to or contain "green". Please add your favorites!
See this list f...
green,how its used
Words that have only one of the vowels. On this list I include only words with at least three vowels. When I first started the list, if a word had several forms, I generally listed only the one wit...
Looking for tweets for greenness.