Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Rawness; unripeness; an unprepared or undigested state: as, the crudeness of flesh or plants.
- n. The character or state of being ignorantly, inexactly, or unskilfully made or done; immaturity; imperfection: as, the crudeness of a theory.
- n. uncountable The state of being crude
- n. countable A crude act or characteristic.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. A crude, undigested, or unprepared state; rawness; unripeness; immatureness; unfitness for a destined use or purpose.
- n. a wild or unrefined state
- n. an unpolished unrefined quality
- n. an impolite manner that is vulgar and lacking tact or refinement
“So far, I'd say the energy isn't quite there (nor even the crudeness, not the right kind of crudeness anyway) but it's not too late for the book; it still may end strong.”
“Even your humble correspondent succumbed to the spirit of anarchy, but the response my "crudeness" provoked gives me a few suggestions for investigators chasing leads on the recent spate of criminal harassment toward progressive elements.”
“This smacks of prejudice and the "crudeness" Zerner seems to spot in Antal more aptly designates his own approach.”
“Then there was the crudeness, the thuggishness, of the way the Kremlin operated at times.”
“While the script is moderately funny, it is laden with a crudeness that only fine actors can finesse.”
“For Labour, one of the immediate attractions of petitions after its various experiments in online engagement was that their crudeness guaranteed their harmlessness.”
“She was more than a little stunned that this man, who had the virile charm to wind this nurse around his finger, had resorted to crudeness and anger.”
“While not denying the crudeness of the image, Tea Party organizers stressed that those who carry the signs are a few "bad apples.”
“I don´t mean to be unfair but when one returns to Lakeside after six months in Chiapas, the worst of American loud and demanding and jingoistic crudeness hits one between the eyes and the experience is not pleasant.”
“It had been cast in a mould of elemental generousness, and everything about it partook of the asymmetrical crudeness of the elemental.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘crudeness’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
A mixture of words that I like or have commented on, along with ones parked here so they'd be listed somewhere or remind me of lists I want to make.
Looking for tweets for crudeness.