from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The condition of being rustic.
- n. A rustic trait or mannerism.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. That which makes something rustic.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being rustic; rustic manners; rudeness; simplicity; artlessness.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or character of being rustic; rural existence, flavor, appearance, manners, or the like; especially, simplicity or homeliness of manner; and hence, in a bad sense, ignorance, clownishness, or boorishness.
- n. Anything betokening a rustic life or origin; especially, an error or defect due to ignorance of the world or of the usages of polite society.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the quality of being rustic or gauche
rustic + -ity (Wiktionary)