from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A pleasant and affable disposition; geniality.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Geniality; friendliness; a pleasant, friendly, good-natured manner; an affable and approachable disposition; frank and simple good-heartedness.
- n. Friendly atmosphere; an atmosphere of good cheer.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. good nature; pleasant and easy manner.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Frank and simple good-heartedness; a good-natured manner.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a disposition to be friendly and approachable (easy to talk to)
French, from bonhomme, good-natured man : bon, good (from Latin bonus; see deu-2 in Indo-European roots) + homme, man (from Latin homō; see dhghem- in Indo-European roots).(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Borrowed from French bonhomie; from bonhomme ("good-natured man"); from bon ("good") + homme ("man"). (Wiktionary)