American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Lack of interest; indifference.
- n. Lack of worry or apprehensiveness.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Want of concern; absence of anxiety; freedom from solicitude; indifferentism; indifference; apathy.
- n. Synonyms Indifference, Insensibility, etc. See apathy.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. Want of concern; absence of anxiety; freedom from solicitude; indifference.
- n. a feeling of lack of concern
- n. the trait of remaining calm and seeming not to care; a casual lack of concern
- Probably back-formation from unconcerned. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“Ignore it deliberately, as a kitten stalks away with feigned unconcern from a suddenly tedious cotton-reel, in the hope that, seen afresh from the other side of the room, it will turn once more into a mouse.”
“That evidence of their essential "unconcern" was established by interviews and reported in Alice Kimball Smith's A Peril and a Hope: The Scientists 'Movement in America, 1945-1947 (MIT Press, 1970, pp. 60-61.)”
“Kevles's history almost entirely ignores both the "unconcern" of the majority and the "concern" of the minority.”
“This time he tried the one that folks call "unconcern," a look as if he had no troubles at all, as if he had nothing to hide.”
“It bears the marks of that superb unconcern which is the characteristic of genius," replied the Ambitious Writer, contemptuously passing him by.”
“Whenever women turn up in the stories, a rancorous tone intrudes that is badly at odds with his characters' merry unconcern.”
“Donning an unadorned and boyish wardrobe that itself did not "weigh heavily," she fashioned renunciation into a contrary look of simplicity, ineffability, transcendent unconcern her competitor Paul Poiret called it "poverty deluxe".”
“The raven pretended unconcern and stretched his wings.”
“Yes, Captain," he said, with the same quiet unconcern with which he would have accepted an invitation to dinner; "I'll go with you to Mangareva.”
“I gotcha ... sir," came the reply, insolent in its very softness and unconcern.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘unconcern’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
Names for the next generation of My Little Ponies. Inspired by Star's list.
Looking for tweets for unconcern.