from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Casual lack of concern: "The contemptuous nonchalance of her trailed hand irritated him” ( Elizabeth Bowen).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. indifference; carelessness; coolness.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Indifference; carelessness; coolness.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Coolness; indifference; unconcern: as, he heard of his loss with great nonchalance.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the trait of remaining calm and seeming not to care; a casual lack of concern
From French nonchalance. See nonchalant. (Wiktionary)