from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The property of being insensible.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The state or quality of being insensible; lack of sensibility; torpor; unconsciousness.
- n. Lack of tenderness or susceptibility of emotion or passion; dullness; stupidity.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Lack of physical sensibility; the state of being insensible to physical impressions; absence of feeling or sensation.
- n. Lack of moral sensibility, or the power to be moved or affected; lack of tenderness or susceptibility of emotion.
- n. Synonyms Indifference, Insensibility, Impassibility, etc. See apathy.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. devoid of passion or feeling; hardheartedness
- n. a lack of sensibility
Sorry, no etymologies found.