from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. shyness
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being timid; timorousness; timidness.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The character of being timid, or easily frightened or daunted; cowardice; fearfulness; timorousness; shyness.
- n. Synonyms See bashfulness.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. fearfulness in venturing into new and unknown places or activities
- n. fear of the unknown or unfamiliar or fear of making decisions
From Latin timiditas (Wiktionary)