from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state or quality of being awkward
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or quality of being awkward.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. unskillfulness resulting from a lack of training
- n. trouble in carrying or managing caused by bulk or shape
- n. the quality of an embarrassing situation
- n. the carriage of someone whose movements and posture are ungainly or inelegant
- n. the inelegance of someone stiff and unrelaxed (as by embarrassment)
awkward + -ness (Wiktionary)