American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The quality or condition of being impatient.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or character of lacking patience; restlessness under existing conditions; eager desire for relief or change.
- n. Intolerance of anything that thwarts or hinders; passionate vehemence; in a milder sense, quickness of temper; touchiness.
- n. The quality of being impatient; lacking patience; restlessness and intolerance of delays; anxiety and eagerness, especially to begin something.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The quality of being impatient; lack of endurance of pain, suffering, opposition, or delay; eagerness for change, or for something expected; restlessness; chafing of spirit; fretfulness; passion.
- n. a restless desire for change and excitement
- n. a dislike of anything that causes delay
- n. a lack of patience; irritation with anything that causes delay
“Nor do I think that this impatience is necessarily "in step" with right-wing cultural values.”
“What Halberstam and Berube share, ultimately, is a plain impatience with if not disdain for trifling old literature.”
“For long-term investors, this was an opportunity to "exploit the short-term impatience," says David Herro , portfolio manager for Oakmark International and Oakmark International Small Cap .”
“So we find a certain impatience and restlessness in their agenda.”
“Point Two: This conservative impatience is bred solely out of ignorant fear, misstrust, and mistruths.”
“Obama needs to work harder to connect with moderates, even if their impatience is premature.”
“Maybe it was to show that my impatience is something I need to come to terms with.”
“But I can understand a certain impatience with reading the millionth entry in the log of the USS Mary Sue (or Ye Unpredictably Capitalized Chonicles of Mary Sue, or whatever).”
“I need something good to read & my impatience is starting to make an appearance!”
“One, maybe it's just me -- impatience is a subjective experience.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘impatience’.
New word list
Looking for tweets for impatience.