from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The quality or condition of being impatient.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The quality of being impatient; lacking patience; restlessness and intolerance of delays; anxiety and eagerness, especially to begin something.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality of being impatient; lack of endurance of pain, suffering, opposition, or delay; eagerness for change, or for something expected; restlessness; chafing of spirit; fretfulness; passion.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or character of lacking patience; restlessness under existing conditions; eager desire for relief or change.
- n. Intolerance of anything that thwarts or hinders; passionate vehemence; in a milder sense, quickness of temper; touchiness.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a restless desire for change and excitement
- n. a dislike of anything that causes delay
- n. a lack of patience; irritation with anything that causes delay
Sorry, no etymologies found.