from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The habit or characteristic of doing things without delay.
- n. The habit of adhering to a designated time.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Promptitude; readiness; quickness of decision or action.
- n. Cheerful willingness; alacrity.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or quality of being prompt; readiness; quickness of decision or action; especially, quickness of action in executing a decision; cheerful willingness; alacrity.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the characteristic of doing things without delay
- n. the quality or habit of adhering to an appointed time
prompt + -ness (Wiktionary)