from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state of being wakeful.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or character of being wakeful; especially, indisposition or inability to sleep.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a temporary state in which you are unable (or unwilling) to sleep
- n. the process of paying close and continuous attention
- n. a periodic state during which you are conscious and aware of the world
wakeful + -ness (Wiktionary)