from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Loss of one's sense of direction, position, or relationship with one's surroundings.
- n. Mental confusion or impaired awareness, especially regarding place, time, or personal identity.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the loss of one's sense of direction, or of one's position in relationship with the surroundings
- n. a state of confusion with regard to time, place or identity
- n. a delusion
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Loss of the ability to determine direction or to estimate correctly time and space.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. confusion (usually transient) about where you are and how to proceed; uncertainty as to direction
- n. a wild delusion (especially one induced by a hallucinogenic drug)
dis- + orientation (Wiktionary)