from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The state or quality of being irrational.
- n. An irrational idea, expression, or act.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The quality or state of being irrational; want of the faculty or the quality of reason; fatuity.
- n. Something which is irrational or brought forth by irrational action, judgement, idea or thought.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being irrational; absence of rationality.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The condition of being irrational; want of the faculty or the quality of reason; fatuity: as, the irrationality of brutes; the irrationality of a scheme.
- n. That which is irrational; an irrational thought, action, or thing.
- n. In mathematics, incommensurability.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the state of being irrational; lacking powers of understanding
Sorry, no etymologies found.