American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The state or quality of being irrational.
- n. An irrational idea, expression, or act.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The condition of being irrational; want of the faculty or the quality of reason; fatuity: as, the irrationality of brutes; the irrationality of a scheme.
- n. That which is irrational; an irrational thought, action, or thing.
- n. In mathematics, incommensurability.
- n. The quality or state of being irrational; want of the faculty or the quality of reason; fatuity.
- n. Something which is irrational or brought forth by irrational action, judgement, idea or thought.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The quality or state of being irrational; absence of rationality.
- n. the state of being irrational; lacking powers of understanding
“It seems to work best for me, by the way, when I know why a certain irrationality is there, even if I never tell the reader.”
“While this kind of irrationality is certainly possible, there is no empirical evidence for it (and believe me, many of us have looked).”
“It's rational to believe that irrationality is an ineliminable aspect of human mentality.”
“Secondly, the religiously sacred brand of irrationality is demonstrably unnecessary for social cohesion.”
“Thirdly, the religiously sacred strain of irrationality is demonstrably insufficient to promote social cohesion.”
“Why wrack your brain to explain why rational voters would do something that appears irrational, when you already know that voter irrationality is common?”
“One common objection to my theory of rational irrationality is that it is psychologically implausible.”
“TGGP writes: raj, irrationality is completely different from ignorance.”
“The most prominent example of voter irrationality is that Arlen Specter, the man who endorsed the Single Bullet Theory to explain JFK's assassination, is still an elected official.”
“The problem of political irrationality is the greatest social problem humanity faces.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘irrationality’.
Words that some students had difficulty pronouncing.
Words to describe art of the fauvist movement
bad traits that are common in human behaviour.
goto traits (neutral)
goto traits (good)
( randomness, descriptive, psychology, mindset, perspective, outlook, noun )
Looking for tweets for irrationality.