from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The possession, along with another or others, of a certain attribute or set of attributes: a political movement's commonality of purpose.
- n. A shared feature or attribute.
- n. See commonalty.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The common people; the commonalty
- n. The joint possession of a set of attributes or characteristics.
- n. Such a shared attribute or characteristic
- n. A quality that applies to materiel or systems: (a) possessing like and interchangeable parts or characteristics enabling each to be utilized, or operated and maintained in common; (b) having interchangeable repair parts and/or components; (c) applying to consumable items interchangeably equivalent without adjustment.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. the sharing of common attributes.
- n. a characteristic held in common; a common feature.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An obsolete form of commonalty.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. sharing of common attributes
- n. a class composed of persons lacking clerical or noble rank
Their commonality is a dominant role of the government at the expense of the private sector.
Tamils feel a certain commonality which each other whether they live in India, Sri Lanka, Malaysia, Fiji or the United States, which is the hallmark of nationalism.
Most people feel certain commonality which each other, Hector.
That point of commonality is simply this: we all suffer.
There is a certain commonality between psychology and fiction: both deal with the human experience and attempt to understand motivation and such.
The commonality is clear: neither party really cares any more what American citizens want.
But the core commonality is this: Members of both movements believe in what you might call mass innocence.
With Yammer, the only commonality is your shared employer - not respective of the different job functions and areas of focus.
The one commonality is violence towards us, in whatever degree.
I too testify when called on – it is only in commonality that abused women find the strength to act.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.