from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The property of being confidential.
- n. Something told in confidence; a secret.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. the state or attribute of being secret; privacy.
- n. discretion in keeping secret information.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The quality of being confidential; specifically, in law, the relation existing between a client and his counsel or agent, or between husband and wife, or a ward and his guardian, etc., in reference to the trust placed in one by the other. See confidential relation, under confidential, and privileged communication, under communication.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the state of being secret
- n. discretion in keeping secret information
Sorry, no etymologies found.