from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The quality, state, or degree of being of the highest importance: "The challenge of our future food supply is approaching criticality” ( New York Times).
- n. Physics The point at which a nuclear reaction is self-sustaining.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state of being critical
- n. A disposition for purposeful thinking and acting guided by criteria that are considered to be contextually appropriate and that are expected to result in positive outcomes related to the purpose.
- n. The point at which a nuclear reaction becomes self-sustaining
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The quality of being critical.
- n. A critical idea or observation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a critical state; especially the point at which a nuclear reaction is self-sustaining
- n. a state of critical urgency
Sorry, no etymologies found.