from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Relating to perception by a sensory organ.
- adj. Involving the use of sense organs: organoleptic tests.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to the sensory properties of a particular food or chemical, the taste, colour, odour and feel.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Making an impression upon an organ; plastic; -- said of the effect or impression produced by any substance on the organs of touch, taste, or smell, and also on the organism as a whole.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Making an impression on an organ; specifically, making an impression on the organs of touch, taste, and smell.
- Susceptible of receiving an impression; plastic.
French organoleptique : Greek organo-, organo- + Greek lēptikos, receptive (from lēptos, taken, seized, from lambanein, to take).(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From French organoleptique, from organo- + Ancient Greek (lēptikos, "disposed to take"), from (lambanein, "to take") (Wiktionary)