from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The quality or condition of being urgent; pressing importance: the urgency of the call for help; pleading with urgency.
- n. A pressing necessity.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The quality or condition of being urgent; insistence; pressure; as, the urgency of a demand or an occasion.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or condition of being urgent; insistence; pressure.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or character of being urgent.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the state of being urgent; an earnest and insistent necessity
- n. an urgent situation calling for prompt action
- n. insistent solicitation and entreaty
- n. pressing importance requiring speedy action
Sorry, no etymologies found.