from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The quality or circumstance of being rebellious.
- n. An instance of rebellion; an insurgence.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. rebellion; revolt; the state of being insurgent
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or condition of being insurgent; a state of insurrection.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an organized rebellion aimed at overthrowing a constituted government through the use of subversion and armed conflict
Sorry, no etymologies found.