from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A theory or doctrine which supports a state of separation between organizations, institutions, or other societal groups (e.g. between church and state) or between different political jurisdictions (e.g. a country and its former colony).
- n. The practice of treating members of different societal groups in a politically, legally, or economically different manner.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The character or act of a separatist; disposition to withdraw from a church; the practice of so withdrawing.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Separatist principles or practices; disposition to separate or withdraw from some combination or union.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. advocacy of a policy of strict separation of church and state
- n. a disposition toward schism and secession from a larger group; the principles and practices of separatists
- n. a social system that provides separate facilities for minority groups
Sorry, no etymologies found.