from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The belief that certain persons or members of certain classes or groups deserve favored treatment by virtue of their perceived superiority, as in intellect, social status, or financial resources.
- n. The sense of entitlement enjoyed by such a group or class.
- n. Control, rule, or domination by such a group or class.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The belief that a society or system should be run by an elite.
- n. The superior attitude or behaviour associated with an elite.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the attitude that society should be governed by an elite group of individuals
Sorry, no etymologies found.