from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A political philosophy supporting the rights and power of the people in their struggle against the privileged elite.
- n. The movement organized around this philosophy.
- n. The philosophy of the Populist Party.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A political doctrine or philosophy that proposes that the rights and powers of ordinary people are exploited by a privileged elite, and supports their struggle to overcome this.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The political doctrines advocated by the People's party.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The political principles and policies of the Populists.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the political doctrine that supports the rights and powers of the common people in their struggle with the privileged elite
Sorry, no etymologies found.