from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The condition or quality of being international in character, principles, concern, or attitude.
- n. A policy or practice of cooperation among nations, especially in politics and economic matters.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. political, economic and cultural cooperation between nations
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The state or principles of international interests and intercourse.
- n. The doctrines or organization of the International.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The principles, doctrine, or theory advocated by Internationalists.
- n. Specifically, the principle of forcing a somewhat disorganized or weak country to submit to the combined control or protection of several stronger nations.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the doctrine that nations should cooperate because their common interests are more important than their differences
- n. quality of being international in scope
Sorry, no etymologies found.