from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Excessive devotion to local interests and customs.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Promoting the good of one region over that of others.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A disproportionate regard for the interests peculiar to a section of the country; local patriotism, as distinguished from national.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The existence, development, or exhibition of sectional prejudices, or of a sectional spirit, arising from the clashing of sectional interests, whether commercial or political: the arraying of one section of a country against another on questions of interest or policy, as. in the United States. the Northern States against the Southern, or the contrary; sectional prejudice or hatred.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a partiality for some particular place
Sorry, no etymologies found.