from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A policy of supporting the power and influence of the clergy in political or secular matters.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. political or secular power invested in members of the clergy.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An excessive devotion to the interests of the sacerdotal order; undue influence of the clergy; sacerdotalism.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Clerical power or influence; especially, the undue influence of the clergy, or support of such influence; sacerdotalism.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a policy of supporting the influence and power of the clergy in secular or political matters
Sorry, no etymologies found.