from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of suborning
- n. The procuring of someone to do a criminal act, especially to commit perjury
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of suborning; the crime of procuring a person to take such a false oath as constitutes perjury.
- n. The sin or offense of procuring one to do a criminal or bad action, as by bribes or persuasion.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of procuring wrongfully.
- n. The act of procuring one by persuasion, bribery, etc., to do a criminal or bad action; specifically, in law, the crime of procuring perjured testimony; procuring a witness to commit the crime of perjury: more specifically called subornation of perjury.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. underhandedly or improperly inducing someone to do something improper or unlawful
- n. perjured testimony that someone was persuaded to give
Sorry, no etymologies found.