from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The action of stealing goods from a shop; the action of the verb shoplift.
- n. A theft from a shop during trading hours.
- v. Present participle of shoplift.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Larceny committed in a shop; the stealing of anything from a shop.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Larceny of goods committed in a shop; the stealing of goods from a shop.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of stealing goods that are on display in a store
The noun sense (from 1690) predates the verb. (Wiktionary)