from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The action of the verb to steal.
- n. That which is stolen; stolen property.
- v. Present participle of steal.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of taking feloniously the personal property of another without his consent and knowledge; theft; larceny.
- n. That which is stolen; stolen property; -- chiefly used in the plural.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of one who steals; theft.
- n. That which is stolen; stolen property: used chiefly in the plural: as, his stealings amounted to thousands of dollars.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of taking something from someone unlawfully
- n. avoiding detection by moving carefully
Sorry, no etymologies found.