American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Plunder taken from an enemy in time of war.
- n. Goods or property seized by force or piracy.
- n. A valuable prize, award, or gain.
- n. Slang The buttocks.
- n. Vulgar Slang The vulva or vagina.
- n. Vulgar Slang Sexual intercourse.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Spoil taken from an enemy in war; plunder; pillage.
- n. That which is seized by violence and robbery.
- n. A prize; gain: without reference to its being taken by force.
- n. Synonyms Plunder, etc. See pillage, n.
- n. nautical A form of prize which, when a ship was captured at sea, could be distributed at once.
- n. Plunder taken from an enemy in time of war, or seized by piracy.
- n. slang The buttocks, usually that of a female.
- n. slang, not countable A woman, considered as sexual partner or sex object.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. That which is seized by violence or obtained by robbery, especially collective spoil taken in war; plunder; pillage.
- n. goods or money obtained illegally
- From Old French butin ("booty") (Wiktionary)
- Middle English botye (influenced by bote, advantage; see boot2), probably from Middle Low German būte, exchange.African American Vernacular English, from obsolete Black English booty, body, perhaps alteration of body. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“I believe African Americans prefer the term "booty.”
“A retooled classic hitting bookstores this week will raise new questions for millions of Christians about the nature of sin, whether women can exert authority over men and what the word "booty" really means.”
“Meet a man who wants to help women feel powerful and avoid what he calls the booty call blues.”
“This way they can still collect all the booty from the big banks to line their pockets.”
“When I see a comment about wanting to check out munchkin booty and the grown up in me says let it go.”
“His burgled booty is estimated in value at $1.5 million (including damaged vehicles).”
“I keep missing the news reports of bands of Republicans riding into villages, raping, pillaging and coming away with their millions in booty stolen from the poor.”
“Unfortunately, the girl I saw today walking down the street in short booty shorts and flip flops is more easily seduced by mother nature than I am.”
“Black-pepper pancetta from Salumi and salt-cured capers, booty from a recent trip to Seattle, rounded out my list of risotto ingredients.”
“Bitch Slap follows three bad girls (a down-and-out stripper, a drug-running killer and a corporate powerbroker) as they arrive at a remote desert hideaway to extort massive booty from a ruthless underworld kingpin.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘booty’.
words for buttocks and anything
to do with buttocks
This is just a list, right, that I'm gonna, like, fill with words, that, like, are every word that I can, like, think of with, ahhmm, my brain.
Words overused in modern pop music.
Also see ruzuzu's list: Words that should be heard in songs more often.
A list of 2048 common English nouns (of 4 letters or more) that could be used to generate plausible, memorable random phrases.
I'm going to use this list in a password generator, inspi...
words for currency
The new favourite words of people on Twitter.
A script searches Twitter for "X is my new favorite word" and adds it to this list.
unfathomably, glice, cuh, fab, ciggaty, doll, thuggin, oxymoronic, pineapple, succubutt, griming, cheeky and 2369 more...
These words are from Samuel Richardson's novel Clarissa, Or, The History of a Young Lady, 1747-48
... as in "by James Joyce"
U can put any word anything. It doesn't matter what word but u must make sure that it isn't already in here.
Looking for tweets for booty.