from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Weightlifting; a form of exercise in which weights are lifted.
- n. Plastic surgery for tightening facial tissues and improving the facial appearance; facelift.
- v. Present participle of lift.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Used in, or for, or by, lifting.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of raising or rising.
- n. A lift; aid; assistance.
- n. An attempt; a tentative attack.
Sorry, no etymologies found.