from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of shift.
- n. A shift; a shifting movement.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Changing in place, position, or direction; varying; variable; fickle.
- adj. Adapted or used for shifting anything.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A moving or removal; change from one place, position, or state to another; change.
- n. Recourse to shifts, or petty expedients; artifice; shift.
- Changing; changeable or changeful; varying; unstable: as, shifting winds.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (of soil) unstable
- adj. changing position or direction
- n. the act of moving from one place to another
- adj. continuously varying
Sorry, no etymologies found.