from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Characterized by migration; undergoing periodic migration: migratory birds.
- adj. Of or relating to a migration.
- adj. Roving; nomadic.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. that migrate
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Removing regularly or occasionally from one region or climate to another.
- adj. Hence, roving; wandering; nomad
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Given to or characterized by migration; roving or removing from place to place; unsettled: as, the pastoral tribes of uncivilized men are generally migratory; to lead a migratory life.
- Pertaining or relating to migration or to a tendency to migrate.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. habitually moving from place to place especially in search of seasonal work
- adj. used of animals that move seasonally
Sorry, no etymologies found.