from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. wandering freely.
- v. Present participle of rove.
- n. A long and narrow bundle of fibre, usually used to spin woollen yarn.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The operatin of forming the rove, or slightly twisted sliver or roll of wool or cotton, by means of a machine for the purpose, called a roving frame, or roving machine.
- n. A roll or sliver of wool or cotton drawn out and slightly twisted; a rove. See 2d Rove, 2.
- n. The act of one who roves or wanders.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of rambling or wandering.
- n. Archery as practised by a rover. See rover, 4.
- n. The process of giving the first twist to yarn, or of forming a rove.
- n. A slightly twisted sliver of carded fiber, as wool or cotton; a rove.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. migratory
- n. travelling about without any clear destination
Sorry, no etymologies found.