from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The state of being a vagrant.
- n. The conduct or mode of existence of a vagrant.
- n. The offense of being a vagrant.
- n. A wandering in mind or thought.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the state of being a vagrant
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being a vagrant; a wandering without a settled home; an unsettled condition; vagabondism.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A state of wandering without a settled home: not necessarily in a bad sense.
- n. The life and condition of a vagrant; in law, the name given to a very miscellaneous class of offenses against public police and order. See vagrant.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the state of wandering from place to place; having no permanent home or means of livelihood
Sorry, no etymologies found.