from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The action of hurriedly moving hither and thither.
- n. Digression.
- n. Ratiocination.
- n. step by step philosophic reasoning, as opposed to intuition (cf Iamblichus)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of discoursing or reasoning; range, as from thought to thought.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A running or rambling about.
- n. Rambling or desultory talk; expatiation.
- n. The act of discoursing or reasoning.
From discursiōn-, the stem of the Latin discursiō, from discurrō ("I run to and fro"); compare the English discurre, discurrent, discursation, and discurse. (Wiktionary)