from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Spirited; up-to-date.
- adj. Attracting a lively, trendy crowd: a swinging nightclub.
- adj. Sexually promiscuous.
- adj. Practicing exchange of partners, especially spouses, for sex.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An activity where couples engage in sexual activity with different partners
- v. Present participle of swing.
- adj. Fine, good, successful.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of moving back and forth; especially, the sport or pastime of moving in a swing.
- Having or marked by a free sweeping movement like or suggesting that of a pendulum: as, a swinging step. See cuts under sign and phonograph.
- See swingeing.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. changing location by moving back and forth
- adj. characterized by a buoyant rhythm
Sorry, no etymologies found.