American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- v. Past tense and a past participle of hang. See Usage Note at hang.
- adj. Vulgar Slang Having large genitals. Used of males.
- adj. Slang Anxious; nervous.
- adj. Slang Overly involved or preoccupied; hung up.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Preterit and past participle of hang.
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of hang.
- adj. Suspended by hanging.
- adj. Having hanging additions or appendages.
- adj. law Of a jury, unable to reach a unanimous verdict in a trial.
- adj. Of a legislature, lacking a majority political party.
- adj. computing, colloquial Of a computer or similar device, receiving power but not functioning as desired; working very slowly or not at all. The condition is often corrected by rebooting the computer.
- adj. colloquial, of a man Having a large penis (often preceded by an adverb, e.g. well hung).
- adj. colloquial, of a man having a penis of a certain size
GNU Webster's 1913
- imp. & p. p. of hang.
“Suppose Frank hung round and _hung_ around, the way he did often, and the sun got higher and the cream got too warm, and she'd have to put in ice, and go down cellar with it, and fuss over it all the rest of the day?”
““Cielo Drive,” he repeated, and the name hung between us like a talisman.”
“The word hung between us, small and forlorn, and I wondered if my mother was going to cry.”
“The word hung over them as they trekked back to the boulder.”
“The name hung redly in the river before slowly dissolving.”
“The word hung out there for a moment, and I considered it as the girls lilted up and away from the basement and me.”
“Nevertheless The word hung between them, insistent, and the smile on the Prime Ministers face had grown stiff.”
“The word hung between us: languorous, heavy, full, and I waited for a conclusion that did not come.”
“The word hung in the wind, suspended between one explosive burst of water on rock and the next.”
““There,” he said, and the word hung in the still, silent air.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘hung’.
Looking for tweets for hung.