from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A European titmouse noted for its elegant pendulous purse-like nest, made of the down of willow trees and lined with feathers.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A European titmouse (Parus pendulinus, syn. Ægithalus pendulinus). It is noted for its elegant pendulous purselike nest, made of the down of willow trees and lined with feathers.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Building a pendulous or pensile nest: as, the penduline titmouse, Ægithalus pendulinus.
- Pendulous or pensile, as a bird's nest.
- n. A titmouse of the genus Ægithalus (or Pendulinus).
French. See pendulum. (Wiktionary)