from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Not yet decided or settled; awaiting conclusion or confirmation.
- adj. Impending; imminent.
- prep. While in the process of; during.
- prep. While awaiting; until.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of pend.
- adj. awaiting a conclusion or a confirmation
- adj. begun but not completed
- adj. about to happen; imminent or impending
- prep. While waiting for something; until.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not yet decided; in continuance; in suspension.
- prep. During.
- prep. Until; awaiting.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Depending; remaining undecided; not terminated: as, a pending suit; while the case was pending.
- For the time of the continuance of; during; in the period covered by: as, pending the suit; pending the negotiation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. awaiting conclusion or confirmation
French pendant, pendant, pending (from Old French; see pendant1) + -ing1.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)