from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Being the principal physician supervising a patient's care.
- adj. Being a physician on the regular medical staff of a hospital.
- n. The principal physician supervising a patient's care.
- n. A staff physician in a hospital.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Serving on the staff of a teaching hospital as a doctor.
- n. A physician on the staff of a hospital, especially the principal one that supervises a patient's care.
- v. Present participle of attend.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the process whereby a person concentrates on some features of the environment to the (relative) exclusion of others
- n. the act of being present (at a meeting or event etc.)
Sorry, no etymologies found.