from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Not yielding; inflexible: an unbending will to dominate.
- adj. Aloof and often antisocial; extremely reserved: an unbending manner.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. inflexible and not yielding
- adj. very reserved, aloof and antisocial
- v. Present participle of unbend.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not bending; not suffering flexure; not yielding to pressure; stiff; -- applied to material things.
- adj. Unyielding in will; not subject to persuasion or influence; inflexible; resolute; -- applied to persons.
- adj. Unyielding in nature; unchangeable; fixed; -- applied to abstract ideas.
- adj. Devoted to relaxation or amusement.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not suffering flexure; not bending.
- Unyielding; inflexible; firm.
- n. A relaxing; remission from a strain; temporary ease.
- Given up to relaxation or amusement.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. incapable of adapting or changing to meet circumstances
Sorry, no etymologies found.