from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Not bowed; unbent.
- adj. Not subdued; unyielding: "My head is bloody but unbowed” ( W.E. Henley).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Not bowed; erect or upright.
- adj. Not subdued or deterred.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not bent or arched; not bowed down.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not bowed or arched; not bent.
- Hence Not subjugated; unsubdued; not put under the yoke.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. not forced to bow down to a conqueror
- adj. erect in posture
Sorry, no etymologies found.