from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To put (a message, for example) into code.
- transitive v. Computer Science To format (electronic data) according to a standard format.
- transitive v. Genetics To specify the genetic code for (a protein molecule, for example).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To convert plain text into code.
- v. To convert source information into another form.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. convert information into code
Sorry, no etymologies found.