from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The quality or state of being heterogeneous.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Diversity
- n. A composition of diverse parts
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The state of being heterogeneous; contrariety.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The character or state of being heterogeneous; composition from dissimilar parts; difference in kind or quality; disparateness; dissimilarity.
- n. A dissimilarity of structure in different parts of an organism.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the quality of being diverse and not comparable in kind
Sorry, no etymologies found.