American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The act or process of uniting into groups.
- n. A collection of people or things united into a group.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act, process, or result of arranging in a group; relative arrangement or disposition, as of figures in a painting, persons on a stage or in a dance, incidents in a story, etc.
- n. A collection of things or people united as a group.
- n. The action of the verb to group.
- v. present participle of group.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Fine Arts) The disposal or relative arrangement of figures or objects, as in, drawing, painting, and sculpture, or in ornamental design.
- n. a system for classifying things into groups
- n. any number of entities (members) considered as a unit
- n. the activity of putting things together in groups
“That two groups should necessarily live up to the same standards when the grouping is the basis for the standards.”
“They are all poets with distinct voices and the mix of such a grouping is always wonderful to hear.”
“Then, I drop back 10 or 15%, load up a fair test, usually 10rnds. shoot three shot groups, on several days to see if the grouping is consistent enough for the purpose for which the load and rifle is intended.”
“And it turns out that this grouping is exactly what is expected if they diverged from common ancestors.”
“All grouping is competitive in nature, a galvanisation to exploit, to avoid exploitation, to protect, to gain protection, to bargain collectively, to resist collectively and the like.”
“The next grouping is a pair of players who are similar in both size and style.”
“An * ikungugo was an even more extended kin grouping than the clans (* - kolo) recognized by proto-Ruvu speakers and their earlier ancestors.”
“This grouping is complicated, especially in the United States, where geographic ancestry may be associated with clustering of genetic characteristics but is also coupled with differences in societal advantage, living environments, physician-patient interactions, accumulation of wealth, and access to quality health services.”
“Some would suggest that such a defensive-oriented grouping is long overdue.”
“This grouping is HEAVILY biased and I wouldnt hold weight to any of it other than a select few that were revolutionary firearms when they come out.”
Looking for tweets for grouping.