from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The study or systematic classification of types that have characteristics or traits in common.
- n. A theory or doctrine of types, as in scriptural studies.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the systematic classification of the types of something according to their common characteristics
- n. the result of the classification of things according to their characteristics
- n. linguistic typology
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A discourse or treatise on types.
- n. The doctrine of types.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The doctrine of types or symbols; a discourse on types, especially those of Scripture.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. classification according to general type
Sorry, no etymologies found.